Saturday, 10 October 2015

Music time with L #3

Hola people!

Today I don't want to talk about an album or an artist, but about a song lyric.

Let's just say that I'm back in one of those periods when I start thinking... a lot... And during the past comple of data, I've been thinking, probably way too much, about the lyric of Drown (Bring me the horizon).
They're not in my top list of bands (don't take it wrong, I enjoy listening to them), but when I first heard this song I fell in love with it. No one really knows this, but I've spent a lot of time listening to it.
When I have a new obsession, usually, I talk about it with someone. However, this time was different. A couple of friends knew I liked it, but I never told them I could spend hours with Drown on reaper on my phone. I still don't know why I've never told any of my friends about how much I love(d) it, but I surely know why I kept (and keep) listening to it. It's so powerful and meaningful.


I haven't thought about it for a long time, but yesterday it came back into my mind (thanks to 5sos in the bbc live lounge...) and I, again, started thinking.


"What doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.
Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper.
And I can't take one more moment of this silence.
The loneliness is haunting me.
And the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up.

It comes in waves, I close my eyes.
Hold my breath and let it bury me.
I'm not okay, and it's not alright.
Won't you drag the lake and bring me home again?

Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.

What doesn't destroy you, leaves you broken instead.
Got a hole in my soul growing deeper and deeper.
And I can't take one more moment of this silence.
The loneliness is haunting me.
And the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up.

It comes in waves, I close my eyes.
Hold my breath and let it bury me.
I'm not okay, and it's not alright
Won't you drag the lake and bring me home again?

Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.

'Cause you know that I can't do this on my own.
(Woah oh oh oh)
'Cause you know that I can't do this on my own.
(Woah oh oh oh)
'Cause you know that I can't do this on my own.
(Woah oh oh oh)
('Cause you know that I can't do this on my own.)

Who will fix me now?
Who will fix me now?
Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown."


I've always thought that it's a scream for help. You have been abandoned and you keep asking yourself who will help you, who will dive in when you're down. You need to been saved from yourself, 'cause, let's face it, we need. We can hurt ourself, and badly. And in both physically and mentally way. So it's normal to feel the necessity of someone who will save you. There's a hole growing deeper in you because you are lonely. And when you are, you feel like the world and its weight it's getting harder to hold up. You just feel like you can't do it anymore. It comes as a wave and you let it take over you.
The first line always caught my eyes. It's so true. Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you wish you were dead. You are left so in pain that you prefer dead to keep feeling it. It a sentence that it's always stuck in the back of my mind.


In conclusion, I think I'm gonna print the lyric out and put it on my wall. (Just to clarify: if it's on my wall/wardrobe, than it's important to me).

Hope I haven't bored you with my *little* rant over a song lyric!
Have a great weekend.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment