Wednesday, 2 September 2015

The "Let's have fun in August" Project

Hola people!

So, it's September... How sad it is? In 12 days I'll be in school. WTAF?
However I had a fun time in August.

What happened at the start of the summer holiday was that I knew that by August I would have been too fed up of summer. So I decided to do a thing.
I called it "Let's have fun in August" (or, shortly LHFIA).
What?
It's simple. 31 one notes. One for each day. One thing to do written on them. You can not change the note.
For the last month I picked up a note each morning and tried to do what was written on it.
And this is how it went.

Day 1: Let's go for a run!!
   Yeah... that was the idea, but when I finally convinced myself about going outside and do physical activities, well, it started raining. And I don't mean like a 10 minutes of raining and that's it. Oh no. 3 hours. 3 hours of non stop raining. It was like being in November. So I had a hot bath and then went straight under the covers (2 covers...) and listened to music while scrolling to tumblr (and ignoring my mum telling me that I was doing nothing at all and that I should have been studying and bla bla bla). Oh and I tried to learn the intro to "She's kinda hot".
UPDATE: exactly one month later I went running with some friends. And I didn't die!

Day 2: Spend your time singing
   Considering that I started singing even before reading the note, it went extremely well. I sang the whole day. While baking, while having a shower, while studying. I tried even while being at the computer, but in some moment there was my dad there watching the news, and the news are like a holy thing for my dad, so I have to stay quiet...

Day 3: Cuddle with cat
   I did it! And I was very happy. But it was too damn hot, so i decided to stop cuddling, but keep doing sweet things for her. I took her out for a walk (yes, I know, weird, bout my cat likes it), and so on.

Day 4: MCR live from house of blues
   Instead of watching a movie, that night I watched the YouTube videos from the My Chemical Romance's concert at the House of Blues of L.A.. You can not understand the feelings. Nearly cried a couple of time. But a great night.

Day 5: Do something (You're not really helpful today)
   I probably ran out of ideas while writing the notes... but it was a good day. I could have done whatever I wanted. And so I did.

  • Went to the supermarket with my dad
  • Did my homework
  • Played the guitar for a bit
  • Chose a list of songs to TRY to learn to play on the guitar


Day 6: A bit of acoustic songs
   Luckily I have a playlist for this! Only 26 songs (aka 1 hour and 36 minutes), but it was enough. A great mix too: 5 Seconds Of Summer, Green Day, All Time Low, The Madden Brothers, The Vamps, Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy. i enjoyed this! Thanks past me!

Day 7: Watch a movie
   And I chose "school of rock". One of my friends has spent last year telling me how amazingly funny and spectacular it was, so I gave it a shot. not too bad, funny, and a bit strange, but not my genre. So after that I watched for the n-time "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". And before going to bed "Winnie the Pooh: greatest adventure". Don't judge me, I love it. And it can be really sad. And I love Winnie the Pooh. Well, as it said ONE movie and i ended up watching three I can say that I completed today task!

Day 8: Puzzle
   My idea was, as I had to study, during the afternoon and stuff to do in the morning, to do it before sleeping. However yesterday night I collapsed on the bed and fell asleep. So no puzzle

Day 9: Cook a meal (good luck)
   I cooked lunch. Fajitas. For the first time. Probably wasn't the best idea... but they turned out delicious according to my dad (which is rare) and not too spicy according to my mum (also rare). So yey.

Day 10: Take a selfie
   Why? Why would you do something like this to me, me? Ok, maybe I'm over reacting... but come on I hate taking selfies, especially if I'm alone... So I tried to take one with the cat. It didn't work. She kept moving. So I take one, all, alone, by myself. Are you happy now, my dear past-me? Hope you are.

The notes, halfway trough the month
Day 11: Doctor Who
   BEST DAY EVER! I watched Doctor Who episodes, drank coffee from a Doctor Who mug, and listened to the soundtrack while studying! Yey! even Latin became something supportable with Doctor Who

Day 12: Play guitar
   Done it! Badly, extremely badly (as always) but done it.

Day 13: Porridge cake
   If there's one thing I love in summer is porridge cake. Chocolate and Vanilla. Delicious! My parents appreciated (as I couldn't eat it. Stupid virus)

Day 14: Music day (aka normal day)
   I spent the day listening to A LOT of music. And I mean It. Three playlists. And my playlist usually are 4/5 hours long. So yes. I actually spent my time with either headphones on or music a full volume in my room. It was a really good day!

Day 15: Draw something
   I had no ideas. So I decided to understand which tattoos I really want. After that I sketched them down. And even if Ayra doesn't really like the heart one, I love all of them. But at the end I think I'll make the tattoo artist draw/write them again and better.

Day 16: TIDY your room
   I am really proud of myself! I tidied my room and rearranged the bedsides table and put an armchair next to my bed. Now it's all cute and clean! Ok, maybe not cute, but at least clean.

Day 17: Anime time
   A lot of manga reading and anime watching actually. Great day. Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul. Let's just say I had a great time.

Day 18: A bit LOT of live music
   I made up a spotify playlist (obviously) and listened to it for a loooong time. Exactly 11 hours, yeh. Maybe I listened to a little bit too much music, but, hey, I didn't have a music hangover (if they're a thing...).

Day 19: Buy a plant for my room
   I bought a little cactus. And it's soooooo cute. I'm scared it's gonna die after 2 weeks like the other one I had, but hopefully not.
UPDATE: it's the 2nd of September, exactly 2 weeks. IT'S STILL ALIVE!!

Day 20: I have no idea... you choose!
   I spent the day studying, nothing else. Well, that wasn't exating at all.

Day 21: Only homework today
   First. Seriously. I had the exact same day yesterday... However, I did my homework for all day. Yey -.-

Day 22: Hang out with friends
   Ok, now. One is in Peru. One in Australia. Three of them somewhere in mountain. And one in southern Italy. And I am in Milan. Alone. I ended up hanging out with me, in my room. What a great day. Why did I even wrote it down, I knew in August no one is here. Come one L, use your brain sometimes.

Day 23: Explore!
   I went around town to look for a place where I could buy a phone battery as mine is dead since June. And I can not live forever with my mum Nokia 1110. And I found one. Actually it was close, but I'll go back there next week and order the battery.

Day 24: Write a post for the blog
   I wrote down the first part of this post. The introduction where I explain what LHFIA is.

Day 25: Relax
   An entire day in bed, doing nothing at all. Just me, music, YouTube and tumblr.

Day 26: TIDY your bathroom
   It took me the whole day, but now is all clean, everything is in its place. And I'm proud of it.

Day 27: Let's read something
   I read "Six easy pieces", by Feynman. That's it. Nothing more.

Day 28: Star wars
   I... Ok, I dind't. I had to study during the morning and afternoon, so I thought that it would be a good idea to do it in the evening, but then I found out two of my friends were back home so we spent the evening out. And then I fell asleep as soon as I sat on my bed.

Day 29: Shower with clothes on
   I don't know why, but it really make me feel it's actually summer when I do it. I love taking cold shower with clothes on, just to get fresh and then run to the balcony and stay there, under the sun, reading and listening to music.

Day 30: Listen to radio station
   Two hours listening to BBC radio 1 at home and then 4 hours listening to the one which was playing in the swimming pool.

Day 31: A day on the balcony
   Me, homework, a chair and a little table. For 8 hours. Great thing is, I finished my English homework!!!


Everything I did during August
It was... well, different. And fun. I think I'll do it again.

Have a nice week.
And to all the people going back to school,  good luck.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment